Waste products that are left over from digestion of the food is sent to the colon to be safely excreted from the body, also important nutrients and hormones are absorbed there as well. When everything is working in an efficient manner, your colon would not only handle the waste, it will also absorb leftover nutrients from digested foods and send them back for your body to use.
In essence, your colon is deciding what to get rid of and what important nutrients to redistribute. In fact, most of the body’s supply of water is stored there.
Here are 5 important reasons everyone can benefit from colon cleansing:
1. The average person has between 7 – 10 pounds of old fecal matter in their colon, even with a bowel movement each day.
2. The accumulation of waste on the walls of your colon creates the perfect breeding ground for parasites, yeast, bad bacteria and viruses.
3. In fact, for too many people today, detoxification pathways are essentially blocked. Over time, toxins build up. It is estimated that the average person is exposed to over 130 toxic chemicals each day from air, water, food, clothes, and personal care products.
4. When the large intestine is not releasing toxins properly this stresses the other minor channels of elimination to be stressed such as skin, urinary and respiratory systems.
5. Blocked detoxification pathways can result in autointoxication, which is the root cause of many of today’s diseases and illnesses.
Symptoms of blocked detoxification pathways or autointoxication are:
* Not feeling well overall
* Hormonal imbalance
* Body Odor
* Muscle Pain
* Joint Pain
* Mucus discharge
* Fuzzy thinking
* Difficulty breathing
* Flu-like symptoms
* Nagging Cough
* Vision issues
* Yeast Infections
* Weight gain